Thursday, May 29, 2008

Summer is upon us


Let's see. How about a summer update? My kids are done with school tomorrow. I know I should be excited, but wow... it makes for long days. I'm looking forward to this summer though... we aren't moving this year, so that makes it better than the last two summers. :) Uh, what else. We are going to Oregon for the 4th, and that makes me HAPPY!! I am sad that I am missing Rose Festival, because there just isn't a more beautiful time in Oregon. The air smells like roses, the waterfront smells like elephant ears (if you don't know what these are, PLEASE find out, they are delectable.) and usually it's nice weather. Although sometimes it's crummy weather and it makes the waterfront smell like an elephant cage instead of ear... but mostly it's nice weather... (hehehe)

Let's see. My sister is having her baby, and we'll be there for the blessing... that is SO exciting. And last but not least WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!! NICE! Not until August, but since this IS about summer... I thought I could mention it. I can't wait. It's all about the Expedition Everest for me...

Animal Kingdom has a new ride, and I can't wait! Check it out on youtube...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kRhrg5rx2-8

My niece Kasey (who's living with me for the summer! Check the earlier birthday post for how I feel about this... I AM SO STOKED!) is going with us to be our nanny/hang out buddy... so this trip should really be awesome... .

Anyway, have a good weekend... we are off to a graduation celebration, (CONGRATS NATALIE!!!) so, watch another of my favorite youtube videos on your way out... it's a classic...

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Loved that you tube video. I also love "So you think you can dance" So fun and I can actually tell when they are good, unlike American Idol, when I have to ask you for adivce. What are we going to do with these kids all summer? I am a little nervous about containing them to the yard! I haven't seen you for a while. Are you up for a little "screening" of our favorite show. I just got DVR!!!

Ashlee said...

Last night we went to the Starlight run/parade as the Rose festival kickoff. It was pretty nice, but no elephant ears there. We've learned a cheater trick- Costco sells uncooked tortillas that you can cook and then while they're hot put butter and cinnamon and sugar on them and they're a pretty good "elephant ear"- though eating too many of them was the reason I was watching the parade and not RUNNING in it like everyone else. EEK!
I hope your summer is filled with fun- we're in Seattle the weekend of the 4th so we won't see you. :( But it all sounds fun!

Showmethesale said...

I just TAGGED you, Jennie! Read my latest blog post to find out what to do!