Thursday, May 01, 2008

OUCH!!!


I know, I haven't been around lately. It's been a slow week or so at our house. Which is actually really nice. I mean, I could have blogged about Brooke's complete blank out on American Idol last week, or her subsequent vote-off last night. I could have blogged about LOST and how AMAZING it is and asked for your opinions on WHAT IN THE WORLD is going on, or finishing the Other Boylen girl book. That was almost blog worthy in itself. If you haven't read it, you should. It's awesome. BUT, since basically all I have been doing is watching the above mentioned shows or reading the above mentioned book, I decided to refrain. Until today's trip to the "Urgent Care" clinic.


Jack was yet again rooting through the juice cup drawer, hoping I'd change the other 15-20 answers and decide to give him a 3rd juice cup for the day (this is at about 12:30), when I tell him to get out of the drawer. Now being in the completely out of control 3 year old fit throw phase, he SLAMMED the juice cup drawer closed. I'm not sure how he did this, but I hear a SLAM and a SCREAAAAAMMMM. I've never heard such a sound. He was totally inconsolable. I look at his toe and the nail is instantly purple. I mean, INSTANTLY.





I snuggle him, kiss it better, everything that is on my Mom-arsenal. But, nothing was working. I gave him tylenol, wrapped him in a blankie, and watched Cars. Nothing. I finally gave up and decided the toe must be broken, and took him to the Urgent Care. By the time we get there, he's happily playing with his toys, and so excited to play with the busy beads toy in the waiting room. WHAT? This kid was screaming like I was cooking him over a fire, and then totally fine. I looked like the biggest weirdo, like I'd take him for a paper cut or something. It was weird. Anyway, good to report, "probably not broken, just watch it, and we'll see." Oh good. Glad I spent an hour and who knows how much $ to hear that. Whew. I can sleep soundly now.


Anyway, as you can see, he has recovered, and I'm pretty sure it's not broken. Whew... now YOU can sleep soundly too! :) Hope you have a good weekend!

4 comments:

DianeM said...

I don't care what you blog about (and I love Lost and Idol too) just BLOG...I've missed you. Glad Jack's ok.

Whitney said...

One time in Las Vegas I rushed two year old Scotty to the ER and they put a band-aid on his head and sent me home with a patronizing smile. Keep in mind I'm an RN! I'm still a little embarrassed when I
think about it. I lose all perspective when it comes to my kids and my friends!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

YYYYYYYYYYOOOUUUCH!

YOur a GOOD mommy!

Kenon said...

OUCH!!! How did he do that? I think we have all made many pointless trips to the doctor's office...part of the fun of being mom. :)