Sunday, May 11, 2008

Real Salt Lake Game


Last night we went to the Real Salt Lake game with friends of David's for work. I was a bit stressed about it if I'm being honest... First off, they don't have kids, and thought it would be "so fun" to bring all three of ours. Second off, me not knowing ANYTHING about professional soccer didn't know it was outside. In the Ute's stadium to be exact. I know, I am RETARDED. Third 2 1/2 hours of hanging out with people I don't know while trying to wrangle Jack and NOT look like a maniac while doing it. BUT! I loved it! Who knew? I thought that the NBA was the only professional sport for me, but this was AWESOME! It would have been better if we were playing Beckham's LA GALAXY, but I'm not going to complain. David's friend's wife, Brooke works for Real, so she hooked us up with tickets on the practically sidelines AND, hooked me up at half-time!!

RSL to hold 'Mother's Day Dash'
One hundred moms to race for gifts during halftime

Yep! I got to go on the field and run (100 yards! That is FAR!!!) to the end of the field to grab a random envelope. NICE! Mine had a $50 Target card in it. I was stoked! We forgot our camera, so you will have to imagine, but David said he got a little video of it on his phone. I will let you know if worked... :) I just have to say, these Moms were HILARIOUS. Remember, 100 of us were guaranteed an envelope, and all 100 envelopes were sealed, so getting there first made no difference, but some of these women were SPRINTING. I took it as a nice jog, so I didn't trip! The lady in front of me... less lucky. She looked like she was sliding into home base! HAHAHAH....
Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there. And thanks again Tom and Brooke!

3 comments:

Kenon said...

Fun!!! I can't believe you got that gift card. How fun. Did they win?

Whitney said...

I know I would have been the woman sprinting and of course tripping. 50 dollars to Target, that's a good prize! That sounds like a fun night. I like soccer players :) especially ones that rhyme with geckam!

Shaeli said...

Jennie I am laughing so hard right now!!! The Target card is totally worth loosing pride from falling (or a broken ankle) I have been to 3 games this year. I was supposed to be at that game; I would've screamed so loud for you. Those games are so fun and the fans are CRAZY!!! Love it-----