Monday, May 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Karin!!

Before I get too far into this post, I have to apologize to everyone back home in PDX that I didn't get to see. It was a short trip, and I never even made it to Hwy 26, much less all the way to Bethany. I did get to spend alot of time with Karin, and being that it was for her b-day that I was there, I guess it worked the way it needed to! Still it was hard to be that close and not say hi...


ANYWAY. It was an awesome trip with the weather in Lincoln City better than I have ever seen it! Karin had a birthday on Sunday, and I really wanted to surprise her, and it worked! We made a little story up about Courtney taking Karin to a movie, and guess who was there to surprise her in the theater? :) We watched the movie and in the morning headed to the beach. It was 85-90 degrees, with a GORGEOUS breeze. Honestly, it was the prettiest day there ever. That night we went to my favorite restaurant, Kyllos on the water. (Remember it Kristi,Whit & Kenon?) We had dinner, dessert and then headed back the hotel to hang out and chat. Perfect! We headed back to town the next day and had dinner with My parents, got Courtney off to Prom, and was back on my way home shortly after. It was a short trip, but was so nice. Next time, I wanna see the old neighborhood and buddies! Hope everyone has a great memorial day!
These pics are taken with my cell phone, so they aren't the greatest quality, but I guess they'll do... :)

5 comments:

Kenon said...

AWESOME! I can't believe you had such a nice day on the coast...how perfect.

Showmethesale said...

Glad to hear you had such a FABULOUS time at the coast---but YES INDEEDY! You DO need to come see everyone in ole' P-Town next time!

We MISS YA!

Whitney said...

I am glad you had so much fun! I can almost taste the fish tacos at Kyllos. I have yet to eat anything better since! Even with a cell phone camera you just can't hide the beauty of the Oregon coast! Happy Birthday Karin.

Karin said...

What can I say?? My sister is one in a million, and I never forget it. :) It was THE PERFECT birthday present, and such a blast!! Haven't laughed that hard in a long time- there's nothing like a little sister time to set the world right .... :)

april said...

jen :-)
missed you! see you next time for sure.
sounds like you guys had a wonderful weekend too. happy b-day karin. (btw, nice timing .... i was out with corrin at the same time. we had a blast, but it would of been great with you there too! pf changs, comedy club, & moonstruck!)