Friday, March 14, 2008

You know you're in Utah.....


Ok. So honestly and truly, I love living in Utah. I do. It shocked me too. I really didn't expect to love living here when I had been raised outside of "Zion". It's SUCH a different atmosphere from what I'm used to. (You had to see the BUT... coming, and here it is...) BUT. Today David and I went to dinner at this little Mexican food place, it's out in Saratoga Springs. Next door to it is this really cute Mom and Pop shop type Pharmacy. I went in thinking that these are the BEST places for Easter treats/stocking stuffers/etc. They always have cool little toys and treats. Anyway. I am gathering my arms full of fun stuff for the kids, when I spy a basket full of these.





Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you. This is a ready made Visiting Teaching packet. Complete with spiritual thought, story from the Ensign, and treat. WHATTTTT?????? HOW weird is this? I mean, it's a great idea, but WOW. Just Wow. I don't even know what to say about it. Other than, hey April which one do you want? The purple one or the orange one? Yeah, of course I got two. I HAD to blog this, and may as well use it this month... :)

9 comments:

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

Now that is pure geniusness (probably not even a real word). Think how special and loved you would feel receiving such a great thoughtful gift on your doorstep! Jennie you are hilarious!

ps. I would love to see you at the end of the race but instead of water...how about some chocolate? Haa haa just kidding!

Behunin Family said...

Wow. I love the great Northwest. :) Maybe even more now.

Whitney said...

i have actually purachased these nifty little packets in all their monthly varieties. They are specially made for women like me who are a disgrace to the religion and do not know how to assemble crafts!

Kenon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kenon said...

So...when you give these out do you take credit for them or tell people that you bought them at the store? I agree with Jennie...WIERD!!!

Shaeli said...

I wonder how much mula the creator of this idea is making? It like making money off of a picture you took of the prophet at conference. Gotta love the lds business ideas. Maybe we should start making CTR boondoggle to sell at the neighborhood lemonade stands

April said...

Purple please! You're so funny. Oh, and FYI, I'm in Oregon until the 28th. Are you so jealous?

Kristi said...

Sad people, just sad... I'm getting hate mail now aren't I??

april said...

that is just too funny. Ash ... i'm with you.

jennie, i love that you actually bought them, and put them on your blog! you rock sista.

p.s. your VT-ing a girl named April ... tell her hi from me. there aren't many of us around.