Thursday, March 20, 2008

Like sands through the hourglass....


For those of you who didn't watch soaps growing up... Like sands through the hourglass was the intro to Days of Our Lives. I actually didn't watch that one, but my sister in law watched it so religiously that she started BAWLING when the guy who says that line died. THE VOICE OVER GUY! Weird. Anyway, I am starting to feel like the soap actors. Here's the reasons why...

1. My Children are growing up WAYYYYY too fast. It's like they've been super aged! I remember on one of my soaps watching a baby be born, and by the time I was in high school, the "baby" was having it's own affair! (and then subsequent baby). My kids are growing so fast I feel like that. I just signed Jack up for preschool this week. It was the weirdest feeling to know that he's the last one. It was a sigh of relief and one of sadness, all at the same time!

(Little Scholars Preschool)
2. Those of you who know me best, know that I can't seem to be happy unless I have a medical malady on my hands. Here we are with the soaps again! Cue the cheesy music, I am going in for surgery tomorrow. Again. I know. It's like I am the Susan Lucci of surgeries. This one is to take out my gall bladder. David said too many more and I won't be able to be an organ donor because I won't have any left! At least this one is in and out - same day. Blah. Why do we even have these stupid organs? Half the people I know have had theirs removed! Let's just do that at birth, so we don't have to get the stones!
3. Here's my favorite one... I have friends that people who watch Daytime T.V. say can't exsist. They are impossibly good looking, (admit it ladies), are AMAZING Moms, and the best friends you can ask for. Honestly, you'd think they are scripted, but they aren't.

4 comments:

DianeM said...

Bummer about the surgery, good luck!! I sheepishly will admit to watching my fair share of "Days" during High School and I can relate to the kids growing up too fast problem. Jaren will be one in a few weeks, despite my repeated attempts to keep him my baby. Darn him and his ginormous Uncle Ken hands (that's what Stephen calls them), he might as well be 2 he's so stinkin' huge.

Kenon said...

...so are the Days of our Lives. We will be thinking about you and praying for you today. Keep us posted. Does this mean that Jack has to be potty trained by the fall? You guys are home free. :)

Ashlee said...

Hey! Hope you're feeling well- I have to go have surgery on my clogged duct Monday- too bad you're so far, we could sit on the couch with Diet cokes and complain together. :) I'll be thinking of you and hope you recover quickly!

Charity said...

I say it each time I see you...YOUR POOR BODY! Honestly, you should not have had to go through all you have. Lucky for the rest of us you have such a great attitude. Just get all your favorites; box of HBOA, some chocodiles and soda and have a couch day!