Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Addicted??



I have decided that I need to start a 12 step program for my new addiction. It's HBOO. (Honey bunches of Oats for those of you who aren't on an initials basis with it yet). I think I have eaten 10 boxes in the last few weeks. I believe it started when David went out of town and I didn't have to make dinner. Him being out of town two weeks in a row didn't help matters. I would make something for the kids, and happily sit down with my "treat" and eat a bowl or two. It was on sale at Albertsons, and so I stocked up. Like major stocked up. I didn't think I had a problem until yesterday when I thought I was out. Flashes of the show Intervention came to mind. People are addicted to a little bit of everything on that show. Hence, the 12 step program. Anyway, I believe the 1st step is admission? There seems to be ALOT of steps following it, and I'm not sure what they are, but for now, I'm happy with admission. :)

PS- It MUST be the almond kind. I am sure the others have alot to offer, but almond and I have something special...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok..if that is the worst you are addicted too that's not bad :-) I am partial to a big bowl of cocoa puffs at 10pm

DianeM said...

I actually love honey bunches too. My Grandma L. ALWAYS had them at her house so we would eat them there at sleep-overs. It always made my parents plain old Cheerios seem a bit grosser when I got home. I prefer my Special K Red Berry however. Yummmmmm

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

This cracked me up! I love true confessions :) I love reading your blog. I am always rolling with laughter!

Kasey said...

Hahaha! That is funny! Although I shouldn't laugh because I am coming close to a popsicle intervention myself...seriously, I have just rediscovered them and my current level of consumption is RIDICULOUS!!!!

Charity said...

Oh my goodness it is flashbacks when we were kids! Remember how we would go and buy a box of Lucky Charms and finish the ENTIRE thing overnight? I still cant bite into those horrible marshmallow bits without getting shivers up and down my spine!

Behunin Family said...

OMG, I LOVE these! I actually like the one in the orange box a little more. No idea why they're different, just that I love them both a lot.