Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Ode to Ashlee

Ok, there could be serious repercussions to me posting this, but it will be totally worth it! (I say this alot, huh? Maybe I like to live on the edge...) Anyway, I digress. This post is dedicated to my friend Ashlee. She was one of the MANY friends I had to leave behind when leaving Portland, and was one that was a daily part of life. Those of you who know her, TOTALLY understand what I am talking about. Those of you who don't know her, and live in the Portland area, should look her up! She's one of the most incredible people I know. Here's my pictorial tribute to Ashlee who I could go on and on talking about, saying all the things that make her so great (awesome mom, great hair stylist, incredible friend, etc) but I won't. I don't want to embarrass her anymore than necessary. :) So here's to Ash, who's far from us in distance, but not far from our hearts. (Please don't be mad Ash!! ) :)




It's My Eighties Ladies!!!



A pregnant Ash (Sorry Ash... I LOVE this pic, I couldn't not put it on!)



So the next two are not TECHNICALLY of Ashlee, but they are from a day when she was watching my VERY TINY Jack. Ava was SO cute with him, watch the next pic when she realizes he's crying.



How cute is that???? Look how it calmed him down! Ava's got the touch!!




Those of you who know Ash know that she is an AMAZING one when a costume is needed. She was stressed being quite pregnant at what to be for our costume party... Only she could have come up with this AWESOME of a costume...


It makes me wish I had a picture of the Valentine's party when we were supposed to dress up like a famous couple. We will leave that one to those that were there and their memories... :)

I wish you were here with us, but once your babies are a little more grown up, we'll fly you out to come on our adventures!!! Love you tons!!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

We love you Ashlee, don't be mad at Jennie for the Mr. Potatoe heads. You ARE the best and I love you! Come here any time.

Ashlee said...

Oh gosh... I shouldn't even post and admit that's me! Geesh, could you possibly have worse pictures?!? And seriously, I'm pregnant in every one! :( Anyway- thanks for the tribute, it was sweet and made me cry. I wasn't trying to be a baby and make you do a tribute to me when I said I missed you guys- I just realized how blessed we were to have you here and wish we could be closer.
And for the record, I did stuff myself for the Mr.Potato Head, I really wasn't THAT big! :)
Also, please note that on 80's night I actually looked the same age as I was at the time. Seriously, could I look more like a middle schooler? Wow. Well, this was sweet and yet very revealing. Mostly I think I need to get you all some updated, unpregnant pics of me! :)
Thank you so much for the kind words. I miss you all and hope we can get together soon.

Oh, and Kristi- I'm starting to think you had something to do with those costume pics... huh?

And thank you for not digging out the Valentine pics. Todd actually has it framed AT WORK! He brought it home and Ava wanted to know why daddy had long hair- never even recognized me! Sad...

Thanks again for making my day.

Whitney said...

There is no one in the world like Ashlee. She is a "true blue" friend and my life is better because I know her. I love you Ash if you check this again!

Kenon said...

Cheers it Ashlee...who is beautiful inside and out...and who makes darling children...and who is the most thoughtful person in the world.