Sunday, February 10, 2008

Friends

It's a crazy thing that happened back in 2001-2002. The Bethany ward in Beaverton Oregon had an influx of young couples moving in. There were quite a few of us, and we had a blast.
Exhibit A






There were ALOT of us that hung out constanty.




Exhibit B



We all had at least 1-2 kids, and were continually adding more to the mix...



Exhibit C




And life was good.



Exhibit D


But.... One by One, we moved away. Life went on, and things changed, whether we wanted them to or not.

Exhibit E




...And then. Strange but true, quite a few of us ended up in Utah. Life was good again, we got to see each other quite often. Not as often as we'd like, but let's not complain. Last night was one of those nights. We got to hang with 3 of our favorite couples in the world. The Taylors, Wakefields, Hughes and us went out on the town.


Exhibit F



A new pizza place in Orem was the location, and it was GOOD. I mean, really really good. Pizzeria 712 is the name, and it's a friends of Kenon's who started it. Being friends with the Chef didn't exactly help us get seated in the rather small (but cozy) dining room, but it was worth the wait. Wait is there to complain about? Good friends waiting for good food? AND, the added bonus of our kids being watched by sitters? The night was perfect, and awesome. Thanks guys for new memories placed in the vault. We will have so much to talk about when we're all at the retirement home together... :) Here's a couple more "exhibits" of us through the years...









Now, normally at the end of a nice story like this, I would say, "the end..." but lucky for us, it's just the beginning! Come on, all the rest of you that are in these pics... move down here! It could be Oregon, part II !!

11 comments:

H and E said...

I love your story. Whitney used to tell me about all of your good times in Orgeon. You guys have such great friends and are really lucky!

Kenon said...

I'm not really comfortable with the phrase "friend of the chef's" because it's his wife that I know. I don't want it to seem like I am name dropping. :) There are always unforgettable moments when we all get together. I think the highlight for this excursion will be gamble gas. I love all the pics...espeicially Steve in that wig. Love you guys!!!

Kristi said...

Let's not forget Sc---tal Peekaboo! That was awsome the other night. I would add more pictures but I don't know how to scan them and have them look normal when I put them on the blog. I'll work on it!
Thanks a lot, not I feel like laying on the floor and sobbing! Where has the time gone?

Whitney said...

Sniff, sniff! It doesn't take much to make me cry! I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself because Steve has had the "man cold" for 3 days now and I watched this and I am crying and smiling and just so happy to have the world's BEST FRIENDS!

Shaeli said...

When I was around you guys in Oregon, it made me excited for marriage and kids... Now when I see my friends with children, it is good control for abstinence :) You guys were so good with accepting an awkward high school student with your lake trips, pool times, gambling parties, festivus activities, going to Seattle with the nephews, etc. Everyone was so good to me, and those were the best summers of my life! Its awesome that you are all still friends....

Paige said...

Wow. This has been like blogging genealogy today. I checked Megan's blogroll and found Adriens blog, that led me to Whitneys, and then I hit the jackpot. How ARE you? In case you don't remember, I was one of those 2002 couples that moved in, but we only made it to the Oregon boonies, not Utah. I am surpised that so many of you are in Utah. How fun!!

Jennie said...

Paige! Of course I remember!! Was there a better time to live in Beaverton?? :) So fun to find you!

Paige said...

Feel free to add me! I have left a few comments on others' blogs. I am going to be known as the Valentines Day blogstalker. Hope you are enjoying all that SNOW!! We are going to be in the upper 50s tomorrow. For that very reason I don't miss Utah!!

Ashlee said...

Well aren't we just the invisible friends from Oregon?!? :)

Glad to hear you're all having fun!

Hey, at least we're enjoying 50 degree sunshine. Ha! ;o)

april said...

YOU GUYS!! that was so great to re-live those moments of friendship bliss! thank you jenn! ... "I love you man." you are each near and dear to my heart! happy belated valentines day!

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

LOved this post. It was so fun to see all the pictures and I too believe Oregon was a "true" friend finding time. What fun!!! Made me think of our parties and you always coming early and bringing us tons of food not to mention "the party atmosphere". You are awesome and we miss you!