Friday, February 15, 2008

BLIZZARD!!!!

I know, I know, I was going to stop writing about the snow. But COME ON!!! A Blizzard??? Truly, it was an actual blizzard. 69 mile an hour winds, accompanied by snow, and my favorite, the powder snow that was lying around, being blown at 69 MPH!!! Really. I took pictures with my cell phone while I was STRANDED on hwy 92 for 2 hours trying to get 4 miles down the road to get David from work. It took me 2 hours to get 4 miles there and 4 miles back. (Mostly there, the way back was a quick by comparison 30 minutes...)


Now remember, this was taken at 4:30, mid day, NOT AT NIGHT!! It was impossible to see at some points, and little Jack is sitting in the back seat saying (repeatedly), "Wow! These are big storm clouds!" :) The stories I hear from people are insane, we were lucky. We actually got home. Alot of people didn't, including 165 ELEMENTARY KIDS! One of the schools kept kids over night because they couldn't get them home. These poor babies! It's K-6th grade!! The school but got stranded with kids in it. I felt lucky that we all were together, safe and warm at home after our adventure. Hope your weather is treating you better... :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok this sounds heartless but do you think the parents of those kids went to dinner and a movie?? Just a thought..nothing like a little free babysitting! :-)

Paige said...

When I was in 7th grade in Virginia we were stuck at school until 7:00 pm. It SUCKED. Can you imagine being one of those poor teachers? Do you think the nurse had Prozac to administer? I'm glad your family made it home okay. I love Oregon.

Whitney said...

Now that was a real storm. Worthy of a blog entry. Thank you for the Chick-Fil-A! Will you be my Valentine?

H and E said...

Jennie, I felt you pain on this one, it took me 5 1/2 hours to get home. At one point I was crying, I'm quite sure if it was out of fright or frustration, but nonetheless it was quite the storm. I am glad we all survived it!

Molly said...

Scary! Where were the snow plows to plow the way for the school bus? They should have their own special plow just to lead their way. Poor kids!