Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Mommy goes to Portland...

I went to Portland for my Grandma's funeral, and had a great time reconnecting with family. I really think that is what a funeral is all about. Celebrating the life of a loved one, telling favorite stories about them, and remembering/honoring the things you loved about them. Logan's birthday fell in the middle of the trip, so we went to his FAVORITE restruant, and check out the creepy mascot they have...





He may not seem so creepy, but he was asking for WAY too many hugs from Court for him to be nice... GUCK. We also had a sugar fest, which included the much loved candy corn... it's a vegetable, right?





Here's my favorite view of Portland... as seen from my AWESOME cell phone camera, going 60 miles an hour...




But while the cat's away...


Check out what a great dad David is... he took the kids to AF Canyon, which is just absoluelty GORGEOUS. Truly. It's a different beautiful than Portland, but you can't deny how amazing it is...


...and the SCARY rattlesnake warning sign... pay close attention to my drama queen Riley...


Here's a few more from the Canyon...




1 comments:

DianeM said...

Just go ahead and rub it in that I coudn't come. WAH! I don't know about that candy corn comment. I'll have to try it out on Stephen. He actually gets parents who claim that they give their kids Skittles because they're actually dehydrated pieces of fruit.