Tuesday, October 09, 2007

**Marion Harris**


Most of you don't know my Grandma, but she passed away on Friday. She'd been really sick, but it was a shock to most of us anyway. I kinda thought she was invincible, after all, she put up with my Grandpa for almost 70 years!!! She was an amazing woman, and I will miss her so much. I was lucky enough to have my parents here when we got the news, and we talked that night about our favorite Grandma memories. My absolute all time favorite was a few years ago when we were in Winnemucca for Thanksgiving. We all ate around 2-3 in the afternoon, and by that evening we were onto playing cards. We were all sitting around and Grandma asked David and I QUOTE. "David, are you hungry?" and he said, "well, yeah, I guess I could eat something..." and Grandma turns to me and says, "Jennie, get up and make him a sandwhich!". I promptly replied, "he has two arms, and two feet for that matter!" I guess times are are little different than when she and Grandpa got married... Here's a pic from their early relationship.
She will be so missed. I like to think that she's just getting things ready for my Grandpa who's been sick for a long time. It'd be just like her to want to go first so that things are ready for him.

5 comments:

DianeM said...

Nice tribute Jen. I love that story you shared, and the cute picture. I also love the new look of your blog.

Behunin Family said...

That's so sweet. I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm excited to see you while you visit. Tell your family I'm thinking of them.

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

So glad you found my blog so I could find yours! Sorry to hear about your grandma! Loved seeing your cute family and feeling a little "Carter" humor as well. Much love to you during this time! Jonathan and I miss you guys. We decided we just cannot have another party like we did without you and now we have the room. Wanna come out :)

Kenon said...

That is a great picture. She sounds so cute. I hope you have a good time with your fam...

Whitney said...

I love seeing this picture of your grandma. I hope you have a nice time in Portland and enjoy all being together to remember her life. Can I just say,your kids are stinking cute in that picture!