Monday, October 22, 2007

******Loyd Harris********

Well, we knew it would happen soon, but Grandpa's passing was still a shock to most of us. I really think once Grandma went, that he just didn't want to be here anymore. He died two weeks to the day after she did. As Kenon put it, "that is the most romantic thing I have ever heard." Really it is. They were in love from the moment they met, until the very last moment. I keep thinking about the reunion that they are having right now, and it makes me so happy. The really neat part of this story is that my parents were at the temple earlier the day that he died. Grandpa's oldest brother wasn't a member, and that day they finished his work. My Dad is sure that not only was Grandma there waiting, but so were both his brothers. I love that thought. We miss them here, but I know they are somewhere playing cards and loving life again. Here's Grandpa with my Dad as a newborn.



1 comments:

Kenon said...

Was he as tall as your dad? It looks like it in that pic. I'm so glad that they are together again!!!