Friday, June 13, 2008

Father's Day


With Father's day coming up rapidly, I have to stop a second and recognize My husband. Most of you know David, and know that he is truly one in a TRILLION. That isn't describing him well enough. I have no doubts that he is a better father than I am mother, and nothing could make me happier than that thought. Here are 13 reasons that I am happy to have spent my last 13 Father's Days with him.


1. He is a kind person and an even kinder husband. Who not just lets, but encourages their wife to take girl's trips, sister strips, New York trips, etc.

2. He understands that sometimes at the end of the day, the children you love and do anything for, make you want to slit your wrists. He gets it, and takes them momentarily so you can have a "mommy time-out".

3. He can't watch "Father of the bride" or go to weddings without tearing up about Riley's nuptials. (Keep in mind, she's 9.)

4. He is an AWESOME cub scout Dad, who loved building the ill-fated pine-wood derby car, who loves working with Harris to get his Wolf, and who loves scouting in general.

5. He thinks Jack is the funniest child on the planet. (He just might be, but MAN he can be frustrating)

6. He loves me.

7. He still tells me I am "smokin' hot" and has taught Jack to say it when he is asked "why he's so cute."

8. He works really, REALLY hard to provide for us, and does it well.

9. He understands the quirks of myself, my family, my friends, and embraces them all.

10. He takes my kids on picnics up the canyon for no reason other than to spend time with them.

11. He let me have another mini-pinscher when the first one didn't work out all that well. :)

12. He will play me in DR Mario, full well knowing he will lose, just to make me happy.

13. We understand each other, and are literally the yin to each other's yang.


Thanks for 13 great Father's Days Dagen! (Sorry this was kinda mushy, but he needs the acknowledgement sometimes of how amazing I think he is...)
Happy Father's Day everyone!!!


5 comments:

Da Mager's said...

I do have to say he is a great dad and brother. Happy Fathers day David. Cant wait to see you in a couple of weeks.

Kenon said...

Dagen. We love him more than words can say.

Ashlee said...

So great to have such a good dad! Way to go David! :) He is awesome.

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

The MUSH was great! David you are AWESOME!

Karin said...

I still remember the first time I ever laid eyes on David- almost like a movie that you can replay; I heard a car pull up in my driveway, adn looked out my big picture window in the living room. There was Jennie, coming over for my kids'school carnival, with David following her in. I remember thinking, "Nice!! Way to score, Jen!!" had no idea at the time he would be part of our family; all I can say is that I'm so glad he is. :) He definitely is one in a trillion. :)