Monday, December 03, 2007

!!!!!!!!!!!BRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So this picture was taken today, Dec 3rd, 3 days after we got 6-8 inches of snow IN ONE DAY! Now, to you Utahans, this might not seem odd or strange, but Portland would shut down if this were to happen! Also, the fact that it's still here hanging out, WEIRD! We ALWAYS have no snow within 24-48 in Oregon. It all melts away with the rain. As this is my first real snow of the season, I had to show you all, I am sure no one else will be as shocked as me. :)

4 comments:

Behunin Family said...

Funny, I just posted about our big "storm" that caused literally a DUSTING. :) My kids were thrilled! They'd be in heaven if we had that much snow. Shoot, they'll be thrilled just seeing that picture! We have that same star on our house- we call it the "Mormon star" because it seems every Mormon we know has one. :)

DianeM said...

Here's my 1st experience with Utah snow: I'm at college at UVSC circa 1997. First big snowfall, I walk outside, see the snow, and promptly walk back inside. My roomates ask me why I came back. I told them "It snowed, don't they cancel school?" They laughed for an inappropriate length of time and pushed me back outside.

I understand your fascination with the first snowfall completely. And I'm not looking forward to it when I get there tomorrow. I'm already an Arizona girl at heart.

Anonymous said...

Today was great. We should make it a habit! I love your blog..so fun to find new friends :-)

Kenon said...

I'm a little nervous to tell you that you aint seen nothin yet!!! Just keep telling yourself...sledding and snowmen. It will be over in a few short months.