Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I know, it's been a while...

It's been a while, and I am aware... sorry! I had surgery on Monday December 1st, and it's taken me a while to get up and moving. I was feeling good last weekend and started doing too much. Yesterday I landed myself back in the ER, so I am now trying to be good again. Ugh. Most of you know what the surgery was regarding, but for those who don't, I had a double mastectomy followed by reconstruction. After the last breast cancer scare I got a horrid infection, and while checking back with the surgery for that, they already found another lump. Just 2 weeks after the first! After visiting with Huntsman Cancer institute and alot of prayer, we decided to do what was best for us. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers!

Anyway, I sent out Christmas cards right before the surgery and I have lost quite a few addresses, so PLEASE email me with yours if you'd like one! Here's the online preview...

12 comments:

Paige said...

Oh gosh, Jennie. I did NOT know. Our prayers are heading out to you as you work your way back to 110%.

Paige said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DianeM said...

I wish I could give you a big hug, albeit a very gentle, not-chest touching hug. I love your card, you shamed me into getting to work on mine.

Brandon and Katie said...

I hope you're recovering well and quickly! Your card is darling. We'd love to get one!
500 S. Belcher Rd. #67
Largo, FL 33771
Merry Christmas!!!

Ashlee said...

I just realized I never emailed you back. SORRY! It's been nutty this past week or two. I hope you're feeling better. I know it's hard to stay down, but worth it. We got your card- you were the first this year. Way to be on top of it! Mine are odered, so someday soon you should get one. I hope.

big_smartmouth said...

i heard from kim. man, you are a warrior! please know you and your family are in our prayers.

Christy Bolinger said...

I heard about the surgery from Diane. I'm so sorry for what you've been through lately. Our prayers are with you! You are a strong woman for making that decision-so go do something great for yourself as soon as you can. We love you!

Megan said...

I hope that you are recovering well Jennie!
Your Christmas card is darling.

Unknown said...

Much love Jennie... Our prayers are with you!! Stay down and rest!! You might not get the chance again anytime soon.

Showmethesale said...

Jennie, I did not know--but I am so happy to hear everything went well for you and that you are recovering. Stay strong and keep getting better and better. You are an amazing woman and my love and thoughts and prayers are with you.

Have a WONDERFUL Christmas with your family.

hgarza said...

I did not realize you had such a big scare! I'm so sorry...I hope your recovery is still going well, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Here's to a new year with nothing but good for you and your family!!

april said...

been thinking about you a lot & sending positive energy your way! luv ya girl!