Wednesday, November 19, 2008

NYC!!!!

We're back! Man, why does it seem like we just left? Why do they go so fast? Dangit! It was crazy fun. The attendees were Kristi, Whitney, Kenon (and the little man she's almost 7 months pregnant with) and myself. I wanted to show them the city I love so much. It didn't let us down. Whit and I flew to Vegas where we had a layover and picked up Kristi. We then flew into JFK. Ok, have you ever landed there? It's HUGE!!! We got our bags and frantically ran around in the rain looking for Kenon's gate. Delta had some confusion, as did the 10 JFK workers we asked. It's ok. We made it PERFECTLY and got to see her coming down the escalator. Cut to us pulling up to our hotel...



Our hotel was the RIGHT HERE! It's in the building that says "PALACE" on it. CRAZY, huh? Wanna see our view?

We got there and after much screaming and jumping around we forged out. It was raining, but come on, we are all Oregonians at heart. The rain wasn't about to stop us.

I won't get too long-winded, and from here it would get really long if I explained it all. A quick rundown would be Bus Tour of city, Soho, Canal Street, Little Italy, H & M, Central park, FAO Schwarz, Ground Zero, Subway rides, Cab rides, lots of food, shopping and giggling and to top it off...



TRL (MTV'S Total Request Live) was ending it's 10 year run. It has been broadcasting from Times Square since 1998, and to send it off, they had a HUGE event that totally shut down Times Square. Try to imagine us, 4 out of the loop moms with 15 kids between us ROCKING out and being silly. Yes, I am aware I have a huge mouth. :)


I had the greatest time there, thanks to all who made it happen, (namely the husbands!) Let's get back to real-life I guess...

2 comments:

Bybee family said...

Wow, how fun for you guys! Sounds like a great trip!

Ashlee said...

Wow. Looks like fun!