Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween...

SO I gotta be honest. It started out rough. You know, the normal running around in the morning, getting everyone ready.. etc. Cut to us waiting 45 minutes for Harris's Halloween parade that was supposed to start at 9:30. At 10:15 it finally starts, and Harris is one the last ones through. He is at that age where I am embarrassing. So he walks past so fast I can't even get a picture! Seriously? I waited in a HOT gym with 500 other parents and ANGRY toddlers and not even a picture?? Sigh. High point of that was there was a Dad there who was dressed as Batman. I mean, BATMAN. Like, the really expensive rubber muscle suit. Anyway, Jack was pointing out all the kids dressed like Batman and Spiderman (his two faves right now) and that Dad walks in. So I said "Jack!!! It's Batman!!!" and he turns. I wish I had the camera ready. His face was AMAZED. He said, "IT IS! It's real Batman!" it was pretty stinkin cute. Anyway, the day goes on and it's rough keeping Jack from being angry that he doesn't get to wear his "Buzz Lightyear" all day. The kids get home, and we left to go to Provo. Here's where the day gets blog worthy... Michael and Karla (David's bro and wife) live in the River Bottoms area of Provo. It's a NICE area. Their ward has some pretty interesting people in it. Here's the run-down. In 1 HOUR of trick or eating we got candy from Donny Osmond's wife, we got Power Bars from Steve Young's parents and Larry King's brother in law was giving the candy out and Larry's house this year. CRAZY!! The kids got more full size candy bars than small ones, and almost NO tootsie rolls. (I was bummed about that one actually). Weird. Weird, weird, weird. Anyway, it ended up being a fun day... here's are a couple quick shots. Hope your Halloween was great everyone!!


Donny's House.... :)


Jacky's costume...


Jack and his friend Chloe during his Halloween parade


The kids were running around so much I didn't ever get another good shot of them dressed up, so I guess this one will do...

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I gave out candy bars, but had a back up bag of tootsie rolls for leftovers. Now I am eating them all. You know where to get the good stuff! I love Riley in her costume. She is getting to old and beautiful.

Kasey said...

I am totally bummed you didn't get to see Donny!!! I saw your Halloween blog and I was like putting my hand over the screen so I wouldn't skip ahead to the pictures in case there was one with you and the D-Man...Jack looks stinkin' cute! And Riley and Harris are looking so big!

Jennie said...

HAHAHA I was laughing so hard at the "putting your hand over the screen so you can't look ahead" comment. We are SO alike. I totally do that. In books, blogs, whatever... :)