Monday, September 08, 2008

The Wonderful World Of Little Girls...(AKA Riley's 10th B-Day!)

Riley's 10th birthday party was decided on LONG ago. We walked into "Justice" (which is an off-shoot of Limited Too, think Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, High-School Musical and little girls clothing.) and she saw a sign for Webkinz parties. Now. If you don't have a little girl between the ages of 5-14 you might not recognize the obnoxious teen idols I mentioned above, you everyone has to know what webkinz are, right? They are overpriced stuffed animals that come with a special online code that gets you into the "webkinz world". These were introduced to us last Christmas by my brother Todd (Who WILL get what is coming to him for it) and my kids were hooked. To be honest it is a cute little online world, they have little houses and cars. But MAN. It's out of control! We have at least a SQUILION, I swear! So back to the story. We walk in and she sees a party going on, and it's "So awesome Mom!" They do makeovers, hair, games and you get a webkinz pet. What could be better? Anyway, after much begging she talked me into it, and here are the resulting pics... After the makeovers (and some excedrin for me) we headed back to our house to create our cupcake masterpieces. That was a HIT! You have to try it for your next party. It's messy, but SO much cheaper than a blasted cake! :)




Here's the "Before" pics...


Here's us getting to Justice.



Here's the girls diving into their goody bags. The make-up and combs for the makeover were in them, and well as Justice Cash to spend at the store. Pretty cute...



Here's Riley getting started. Isn't she so cute??? :)



Now that the hair is done, the girls are oh so carefully applying their make-up. This was SO funny to watch!!



Here are Riley and Liv, as they are applying their make-up, I couldn't resist this picture, is there anything cuter?

Here they are all loaded up! They have all their stuff (which was a TON!) and have their make-overs completed! Very fancy, huh?

This was the cupcake area...

And the cakecake creating...

And finally, the presents. It's always a good thing to do the presents, because as the Mom, you know the end is in sight! :) So, Happy Birthday to my Baby girl! You only get into double Digits once!! We love you Riley!!!

4 comments:

Kenon said...

I don't know what Webkinz are, or Justice...I am totally out of the loop! Happy Birthday Riley!!! We love you and I am so glad that my boys have you as a friend.

Charity said...

To think the first time I saw you was in the Portland Airport as I got off my mission from Russia!! YOU ARE 10! (like you dont know that already...) Happy Birthday Kiddo! We love you

Whitney said...

Happy Birthday you beautiful girl. Ten is old! Jennie, mom of the year. That one is going to be hard to ever top!

Molly said...

Looks like she had an awesome birthday part:)