Monday, September 10, 2007

Riley's Birthday!!!


Poor David. Riley is getting so big, and he is STRESSED about her growing up. He's pretty much Steve Martin from "Father of the bride". She tuned 9 on the 9th, so since it was on a Sunday, Saturday before her party She and I went out for a "girl's day". She went to the local beauty school and got her hair done, nails done and a little make-up done too!




Here she is reading
"People"... (Zak Efron and Vanessa Hudgens from High School Musical were on the cover)




Here's the finished Product...












On to the Birthday party...



As you can see above, Riley is now an OUT OF CONTROL "High School Musical" fan. For those of you who don't have a little 8-14 year old, High School Musical is a Disney movie about, what else? A High School Musical. The b-day party was a hit with all the friends...




The cake... She thought it was the COOLEST!







Blowing out the candles....









Eating the cake...






And the Pinata... note that it was a pull string after the disastrous results from Tyler's party in 2003... It involves David swinging the bat, a child's head, as well as my head!! I guess that's all I'll say about that.... :)



And to finish off the day...


Riley got her ears pierced!!! What a day! We always told her when she was old enough to ask, that she could have them pierced. I think it was harder on me... She looked so stressed...
But the stress wore off quickly, and she did it! She was so brave, not a tear!!! Happy Birthday Ry!

7 comments:

DianeM said...

Oh yes...HSM is a HUGE big deal in our house too. I think Bella would DIE for a party like that. The HSM ice-show is coming to Providence in January...Want to go to it with me?

Christy Bolinger said...

I can't believe Riley is 9 already! It's so weird to think that our kids are that grown up. Kylee is in Middle School now! Crazy!

Kenon said...

SOOOO sad Ty missed it!!! She looks beautiful and is growing up way too fast.

Behunin Family said...

Riley! Happy Birthday!

The ears look GREAT!!! ;)

Katy said...

9 on the 9th - I remember when I turned 9 on the 9th (August). I thought it was a pretty big deal and I even got my ears pierced too. Wierd!

Kristi said...

So pretty!!! WOW!! She looks so cute there on the piercing chair. She is turning into this beautiful Javid (that's Jennie/David) combo. I like the little crack shot in the pinata picture too!

Kristi said...

Ok, new post my dearest!! I miss you!! How are you? ARe you keeping busy?