Sunday, July 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Dagen!!

So it's here. David is officially as close to 50 as he is 20. He turned 35 today, and it was a nice lazy Sunday. (No, not a homage to SNL's Andy Samberg's Chronicles of Narnia rap, but that was awesome...) Anyway, Jack and Riley are sick, so one of us had to stay home from church. David stayed and got to stay in his jammies all day. And, he got to sneak in a mini nap while watching "Monster Quest". How much better can a b-day be? Anyway, being that we have sick kids, it was just us this year, but it was great. David's choice for his birthday cake was of course, not cake, but the raspberry-lemon pie that I make for him.

Anyway, I already got gooey on Father's Day, so I won't do it again, but he deserves his own blog post for his birthday. Happy Birthday Dagen, we LOVE you!



Make sure you note that while David is getting his birthday spankings from the kids, that Broozer is being REALLY protective of David. He's BITTER at Harris for making David "sad". Hehehe, what a spaz dog.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID. Second, I really miss you guys. Are your in hiding? Possibly from me! Third, Karin's baby is beautiful! Lastly, I would love to get together and celebrate. That is if you are not in actuality hiding from me!

Kenon said...

I think that pjs and a nap is the perfect David birthday. He is always on the go and doing everything for everyone...I love it that he got to have a lazy birthday!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID...you don't look a day over 25. :)

Shaeli said...

I will have to stay that I STILL think of David's Festivus everytime the birthday rolls around. I think his day sounded more fun then mine did!! We need to hang out before Kenon leaves by the way

Unknown said...

okay... I'm such a JERK!! I totally meant to call and wish David a happy birthday... I actually remembered the morning of, and then sleep deprivation set in, (a common occurance these days), and it was 11PM as I was falling asleep before I remembered again. So I vowed to call the next day, only to have the cycle set in again... :(

Happy Birthday, David- even though it may seem you were forgotten, you really weren't! Can't wait to come out next month and see you all- Olivia is already 8 1/2 pounds, and already just about outgrown her little flamingo outfit. Newborn is almost fitting at this point! Can't wait for you to see her chubby little face, and her pudgy little legs that are filling out. :)

april said...

hi david & jennie! ok, first of all ... happy birthday DAVID! before these pics i have never seen you w/ a hair out of place, so i'm glad you DO get lazy & casual SOMETIMES! if not, you'd make the rest of us look bad :)

we'd luv to see you guys next time you are in town! i just ran into Charles the other day, maybe at the gym?? anyways, he said you had a family Mollalla Buckaroo day planned ... sweet hometown memories 4 U ... fun! take care ~ from our family to yours :)

Charie and Jonathan Francom said...

WHy am I not surprised you get birthday spankings :) It made me laugh! I love you guys!